When it comes to auto body repair, you should always leave the care of your car in the hands of certified professionals. Part of the process of auto care services is making an insurance claim. The question that many car owners ask is whether it’s better to process the insurance claim on their own or have our specialists to do it for them. We recommend that you allow Minnetonka to process the request for you. Here’s why:
Professionally Filing the Claim
When you file a collision claim, the insurance company wants the official police report to verify your claim. The reason they want the report is that they trust the professionals to write the report. The same thing applies the details of the repair. Our mechanics can verify all the damage that was caused by the collision. We have the experience and knowledge necessary to make sure the details are all correct.
Points of Contention Over Car Insurance Claims
One of the main reasons why you should leave your insurance claim in the hands of professionals is because insurance companies will challenge your claim in almost every detail. If you’re not a professional mechanic, you may have a difficult time defending your claim. Here are some common points of contention between mechanics and insurance companies.
● Does the auto part need to be repaired or does it need to be replaced?
● Will the insurance company pay for factory or OEM parts?
● How long will the auto body repair take? Insurance companies push for a quick deadline to avoid rental car fees and other expenses.
● What is the labor rate? Auto Care Services might have a per-hour rate that the insurance company does not want to pay.
● Is the estimate of parts and labor accurate? Insurance companies will scour the estimate to make sure it is correct.
Trust Your Repairs with Minnetonka Collision Center
If you want an auto body shop that you can depend on for quality work, fair pricing, and fast, efficient service, then choose Minnetonka Collisions Center. Our ASE Certified mechanics provide impeccable auto repair for both personal and commercial vehicles in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. To file an insurance claim with us and schedule auto care services, contact us at 763-230-7805, or you can message us on our contact page.